Funding Opportunities

Employment Contract with the University of Heidelberg
Personal Funding

It is possible to fund your research visit to the University of Heidelberg in the following ways:

1. Fellowship or Grant

There are a variety of funding programs for international scholars who wish to carry out research in Germany. You can search for suitable fellowships and other funding offers in the following databases:

  • EURAXESS Funding Database: The EURAXESS Germany database contains more than 80 programs offered by funding organisations in Germany. To a large extent, these funding programs are aimed at scholars at advanced stages in their careers.
  • DAAD Scholarship Database: This database is aimed at international students, doctoral students and postdocs. It contains information about DAAD programs as well as those of other German funding institutions.
  • ELFI Database: ELFI, the service point for electronic research funding information in German-speaking countries, maintains a database consisting of more than 6000 programs and 2600 national and international funding agencies. Users receive extensive information about the funding agencies and their programs. There is a fee charged for using the ELFI database; however, access is free of charge for members of the University.

The web pages of the Department of Research and Project Management also provide extensive information about research and research funding, including a list of national and international funding organisations as well as links to other databases and information services for funding research.

If you have questions about funding opportunities or would like an individual advising session about applying for funding, the Heidelberg Research Services Team will be happy to help you.

2. Employment Contract with the University of Heidelberg

The current job openings at the University of Heidelberg are available here. You can also contact the institute or facility where you would like to work directly and ask about open or upcoming positions.

You can find general information about work permits and other legal issues pertaining to working in Germany in the section entitled “Working in Heidelberg”.

3. Personal Funding

Of course, you can also come to Heidelberg to carry out your research without a fellowship or employment contract by providing your own funding. Please be aware that, in this case, the German embassy or consulate in your home country as well as the Aliens’ Office in Heidelberg will want to verify your financial situation.



Responsible: Welcome Centre Team
Latest Revision: 2016-02-22
zum Seitenanfang/up