Course I - Advanced Level
Course participants develop their capacity to analyze and discuss texts covering various aspects of German literature, culture and society. Emphasis is on the improvement of style and idiom and not on grammar.
Core classes are held weekdays for 20 hours per week. Class size is about 10 - 12.
Complementary classes are offered before and/or after the core language classes.
All classes are suited for participants who are fluent or nearly fluent in German:
Course material will be provided in class.
The final program will be presented to you after your arrival in Heidelberg. The lectures and seminars listed below illustrate some of the complementary classes typically offered for Course I, Advanced Level:
- Hot Off the Press: Germany’s Latest Literature
- Tiny Words, Enormous Impact: Comparing Modal Particles Across Cultures
- Advanced Pronunciation Practice: Phonetics and Phonology
- The Image Of Germany As Portrayed in Film
- Germany 1945-2017: How We Became Who We Are
- The Changing Portrayal of Eros in Art and Literature
- Grammar Review Crash Course
* GeR/CEF: Gemeinsamer europäischer Referenzrahmen
Common European Framework