Course I - Intermediate Level
This course focuses on: refreshing and expanding course participants' knowledge of German grammar; developing their comprehension of a variety of text types; and encouraging participants to develop their written and conversational skills on topical subjects.
Core classes are held weekdays in the morning for 20 hours per week. Class size is about 16.
Complementary classes are offered in the early morning and in the afternoon.
All classes are suited for participants with a sound knowledge of German:
Intermediate Groups - GeR/CEF B1+, B2.1, B2.2*
The particular books you'll need depend on the GeR/CEF level of your class. So, it's best not to buy your books until you arrive. The local bookstore will pre-order enough copies for everybody.
Sicher!, Publisher: Max Hueber, München
GeR B1+: B1+ Course book (€ 16,00); B1+ Workbook with audio-CD (€ 15,50)
GeR B2.1: B2.1 Course book and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM (€ 18,00)
GeR B2.2: B2.2 Course book and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM (€ 18,00)
Sicher! B1+ Course book, Unit 1-8
Sicher! B1+ Workbook incl. CD-ROM, Unit 1-8
Sicher! B 2.1 Course- and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM, Unit 1–6
Sicher! B 2.2 Course- and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM, Unit 7-12
The seminars listed below illustrate some of the complementary classes typically offered for Course I, Intermediate Level. The final program will be presented to you after your arrival in Heidelberg.
Complementary Early-Bird Classes:
- Hot Off the Press: Germany’s Latest Literature
- Contrastive Analysis: English - German
- Contrastive Analysis: Chinese - German
Complementary Afternoon Classes:
- Small Talk and Rules of Ettiquette: Even Chatting Needs Practice
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B2" and "Goethe-Zertifikat C1" (formerly "ZMP")
(Please note that the examinations for these certificates are not offered by the IFK)
- Pronunciation Practice (Intermediate)
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B1: Zertifikat Deutsch"
(Please note that the examination for this certificate is not offered by the IFK)
- Working With Texts: Comprehension Techniques and Vocabulary Expansion
- Grammar Review Crash Course
* GeR/CEF: Gemeinsamer europäischer Referenzrahmen
Common European Framework
This program may be subject to change.