Course I - Intermediate Level
This course focuses on: refreshing and expanding course participants' knowledge of German grammar; developing their comprehension of a variety of text types; and encouraging participants to develop their written and conversational skills on topical subjects.
Core classes are held weekdays for 20 hours per week. Class size is about 10 - 12.
There will be complementary classes for each level.
All classes are suited for participants with a sound knowledge of German:
Intermediate Groups - GeR/CEF B1+, B2.1, B2.2*
The particular books you'll need depend on the GeR/CEF level of your class.
Sicher!, Publisher: Max Hueber, München
GeR B1+: B1+ Course book (€ 16,50; ISBN 978-3-19-001206-0); B1+ Workbook with audio-CD (€ 16,00; ISBN 978-3-19-011206-7)
Sicher! aktuell, Verlag: Max Hueber, München
GeR B2.1: B2.1 Course book and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM (€ 18,50; ISBN 978-3-19-501207-2)
GeR B2.2: B2.2 Course book and Workbook incl. Workbook-MP3-CD (€ 18,50; ISBN 978-3-19-621207-5)
Sicher! B1+ Course book, Unit 1-8
Sicher! B1+ Workbook incl. CD-ROM, Unit 1-8
Sicher! aktuell B 2.1 Course- and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM, Unit 1–6
Sicher! aktuell B 2.2 Course- and Workbook incl. Workbook-CD-ROM, Unit 7-12
The final program will be presented to you before the Summer School begins. The seminars listed below illustrate some of the complementary classes typically offered for Course I, Intermediate Level:
- Hot Off the Press: Germany’s Latest Literature
- Contrastive Analysis: English - German
- Contrastive Analysis: Chinese - German
- Small Talk and Rules of Ettiquette: Even Chatting Needs Practice
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B2" and "Goethe-Zertifikat C1" (formerly "ZMP")
(Please note that the examinations for these certificates are not offered by the IFK)
- Pronunciation Practice (Intermediate)
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B1: Zertifikat Deutsch"
(Please note that the examination for this certificate is not offered by the IFK)
- Working With Texts: Comprehension Techniques and Vocabulary Expansion
- Grammar Review Crash Course
* GeR/CEF: Gemeinsamer europäischer Referenzrahmen
Common European Framework
This program may be subject to change.