Course I - Intermediate Level
This course focuses on: refreshing and expanding course participants' knowledge of German grammar; developing their comprehension of a variety of text types; and encouraging participants to develop their written and conversational skills on topical subjects.
Core classes are held weekdays for 20 hours per week. Class size is about 14 - 16.
There will be complementary classes for each level.
All classes are suited for participants with a sound knowledge of German:
Intermediate Groups - GER/CEF B1+, B2.1, B2.2*
Course books: Publisher: Max Hueber, München
The particular book/books you'll need depend on the GER/CEF level of your class.
B 1+ (M1): Sicher! B1+ Course book (€ 19,50), Sicher! B1+ Arbeitsbuch (€18,50)
B 2.1 (M2): Sicher! B2.1 Course book (€ 19,50), Sicher! B2.1 Arbeitsbuch (€18,50)
B 2.2 (M3): Sicher! B2.2 Course book (€ 19,50), Sicher! B2.2 Arbeitsbuch (€18,50)
The final program will be presented to you before the Summer School begins. The seminars listed below illustrate some of the complementary classes typically offered for Course I, Intermediate Level:
- Hot Off the Press: Germany’s Latest Literature
- Contrastive Analysis: English - German
- Contrastive Analysis: Chinese - German
- Small Talk and Rules of Ettiquette: Even Chatting Needs Practice
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B2" and "Goethe-Zertifikat C1" (formerly "ZMP")
(Please note that the examinations for these certificates are not offered by the IFK)
- Pronunciation Practice (Intermediate)
- Preparatory Course for "Goethe-Zertifikat B1: Zertifikat Deutsch"
(Please note that the examination for this certificate is not offered by the IFK)
- Working With Texts: Comprehension Techniques and Vocabulary Expansion
- Grammar Review Crash Course
* GER/CEF: Gemeinsamer europäischer Referenzrahmen
Common European Framework
This program may be subject to change.