Course II - Fortbildungskurs
GER/CEF C1 / C2*
The Fortbildungskurs (FBK) is designed for non-native teachers of German as a Foreign Language (GFL-teachers) and non-native postgraduate students of German. It aims to expand participants' language abilities and develop their GFL teaching skills. Participants are given the opportunity to work with various instructors and can choose their own set of modules from a wide variety of topics.
Classes consist of a total of 20 hours per week, taught in the morning. Upon your arrival, you select a total of three modules according to your individual interests, as follows: one module out of three Basic Modules; and one module each from Additional Modules Group A and from Additional Modules Group B. In addition, your choice of modules will be supplemented with the Project Module Special Focus: GFL Goes Digital. Effective Video Conferencing. Typical modules may be:
- Multimedia: The Possibilities of Film in GFL Teaching
- Exam Preparation GFL
- Grammar Didactics for GFL
- Development of Subject-Specific Syntactical Competence
- Learners as Discoverers, Researchers and Inventors
- The Diary: a Cultural Historical Perspective
- Germany in the New Europe
Complementary Afternoon Classes: For Course II – Fortbildungskurs
The seminars listed below illustrate some of the complementary classes typically offered for Course II, Fortbildungskurs. The final program will be presented to you after your arrival in Heidelberg.
- Intercultural Training: Focus on Germany
- Advanced Phonetics and Phonology
Also, FBK participants are welcome in any other complementary afternoon class requiring GER level B2 or above.
* GER/CEF: Gemeinsamer europäischer Referenzrahmen
Common European Framework